Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Detroit Is Hockeytown

Why is Detroit called "HOCKEYTOWN USA". I realize that Detroit is part of the "Original Six" , and that they have won the Stanley Cup 10 times (3rd most behind the Montreal Canadiens 24 and Toronto Maple Leafs 13 times) which is the most by an USA team. The fact of the matter is they can't even sell out there arena. And I do not want to hear that the economy is poor because it is poor everywhere. There are a few other cities (aside from any city or team from Canada because they have the best fans) that get my vote. If we are talking USA the first city is Saint Paul, home of the Minnesota Wild, they had a streak of like 300+ consecutive sellouts. My second choice would be Buffalo, any fanbase that would sit in sub degree temperature for an outdoor hockey game has to get the nod. I mean the game sold out in 40 minutes. Detroit is no longer Hockeytown call it "Octopus Town" or "We Can't Sell Out Our Arena Town" , but please dont call it Hockeytown USA. Am I Wrong??

No comments: