Monday, May 26, 2008

Brian Cashman Is A Great General Manager......

This is one of the best arguments that I constantly have. Today is May 26th, 2008. The New York Yankees are currently 25-25 (last place in the American League East) . Coming into this year the Yankees payroll was a robust $209,081,579 (which is obviously the number one payroll in baseball). The next closest team is $138,685,197 (the Tigers another horrendous team for the money) . The bottom line is this, how in the world can a team spend 70.4 million more dollars than the next closest team in all of baseball and the man spending the money Brian Cashman, always be considered one of the top ten General Mangers in Major League Baseball. They don't even have a left handed pitcher in their bullpen. I know, I know your going to say they have made the playoffs for umpteen years in a row, but my argument to that is if I gave any Yankee fan $209 million plus to run a baseball team and I told him that they could spend $70 million plus more than the next team, I am pretty sure they would make the playoffs too. Brian Cashman your horrendous....... AM I WRONG?

No comments: